Monday, October 3, 2011

Gaudi, Cava, and way too many tapas

Kevin and I just returned from Barcelona, where we were celebrating his birthday...not any ol' birthday, but the big 4-0.

Oh Lordy, Kbird's 40

Every sunny 75-plus degree day was spent exploring the neighborhoods of Barcelona — visiting Cava bars, the markets, Gaudi's buildings, and relaxing on the beautiful beaches of the Mediterranean.






We also ventured out of the city and took a scenic day trip to a Benedictine monastery in the mountains of an area called Montserrat.



And now for the obligatory food shots. This was the first time I traveled without my camera, so I only had use of the camera on my beloved iPhone.







2 comments:

  1. We were in Barcelona in May! Such a beautiful city, so much great food, so much to do! :) Here's my post if you're interested: http://prettypeasrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/05/culinary-adventures-in-spain-barcelona.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fantastic city! My only regret is that we didn't have more time. ;(

    ReplyDelete